Author Topic: Latest mailing  (Read 5834 times)

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
Latest mailing
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
Just received the latest mailing ........in fact , I received two --- one from the Club & one from the Trust !!  :o
Thought this duplication of mailing lists was supposed to have been resolved ??
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
Re: Latest mailing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
Quote from: "wcg"
Just received the latest mailing ........in fact , I received two --- one from the Club & one from the Trust !!  :o
Thought this duplication of mailing lists was supposed to have been resolved ??

i sort of got 2, one for me and one for my wife -don't know why unless it is because of the xmas pressie she bought me 2 or 3 years ago which left her eon the mailing list but nothing else ever turned up in between - odd!
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:21:31 PM »
All worked correctly for me: I received the Club version (despite having bought regularly from the Trust), whilst my wife received two - one from the Club with her married name and the Trust version using her maiden name (can't avoid that).

If you've received two copies (Club and Trust) then there must be a slight difference in the name or address that the de-dupe spots.

Gully
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary

Offline Margaret price

• Club Member
  • phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Latest mailing (FFD)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
With ref to the mailing received today about the above.  We pay into the FFD annually on 2nd  April.    What is going to happen to the 6 months we have already paid for?  I'm quite happy for this money to go into the funding and start a new Direct Debit from scratch but it would be nice to have what is happening to this money explained.  I cann't be the only one wondering about this.

Offline Sarah Abbott

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Thanks for flagging that Margaret - I have not read leaflet and had no idea that was the case. I would have thought direct contact should be made with all FFD standing order people directly as we can't be only ones who firstly are wondering what happens to our 'credit' if paying annually, and secondly had completely missed that bit.

Edited to add. Thanks for heads up Margaret as just checked and ours was due in December.

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
Hello all,

Annual payments to the old FFD will be honoured right up until the expiry date - you are still in the draw. Come just ahead of renewal time, you will receive a letter to offer taking up the same scheme, but this time, with monthly payments by Direct Debit. The office is writing in batches to people with SO's suggesting they cancel and take up the DD option if they wish to carry on. It is far easier to monitor the DD payemts, so involves less admin.

The key thing here was to make all entrants play under the same rules - as the Gambling Commission deemed annual payments (with a discount) were unfair.

Please remember, this is not a new scheme, it is the same one re-branded. Your entries are safe and qualify for what you have paid for.

I hope that helps.

Offline Margaret price

• Club Member
  • phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
Thanks for the replys.  I rang this morning querying
 it and it's as you say PA28.  I just think it was badly explained in the leaflet (if explained at all).

Offline tabby

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Thanks PA28 for clarifying this as I also was puzzled being one of those with an annual standing order to next spring.

Tabby