Author Topic: Avro Vulcan 60th Anniversary Book  (Read 11650 times)

Offline Board Admin

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Avro Vulcan 60th Anniversary Book
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
We are pleased to announce that the final production version of our Avro Vulcan 60th Anniversary Book is planned to be sent to the printers next week and we are expecting supplies in for Monday 10th December – just in time for your receipt and reading over Christmas!

[center:3gg9qnjz][/center:3gg9qnjz]

With a foreword by Eric Verdon-Roe, the Great Grandson of the founder, the book starts with a brief history of the man and his company, with focus on the individuals that made it one of the leading aircraft manufacturers of the 20th Century. Filled with some rare historic photographs from the design stages of the baby 707’s to the production aircraft, the book also features a section dedicated to every single Vulcan aircraft ever made.

Other sections recount stories from the crews who flew them with anecdotes from all around the world, wherever Vulcan aircraft visited. The book also details the first and the last made, with extensive sections on VX770 and the sole remaining airworthy example - Vulcan XH558.

With over 130 large format pages, it's sure to be on everyone’s Christmas List!

See details here for page reviews and ordering: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/419/ ... rsary.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Avro Vulcan 60th Anniversary Book
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Copies should start arriving today for all those who have ordered.... then onwards over the next week, as we have already sold over 1,500!

Thanks must go to the volunteers and staff at Hinckley who are working hard to get everything out in time.

By all means provide feedback on the book here when you have had time to review.

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Got mine this morning :D It looks absolutely brilliant. Cracking pics and so many unfamiliar ones too. Can't wait for a bit of time to sit and read it.

Well done to all involved. I know it's taken a great deal of very hard work :D  :D  :D Thank you all :D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Landyman

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.pettaugh-history.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
Ours arrived this morning as well..........thanks Bob and your team of elves in the web store.

Just had a quick look through and we can both describe it in just one word......superb.

As usual Mark (Scampton 61) has done a wonderful job with the design and layout but all the contributors are to be congratulated.

If you haven't ordered your copy yet do it right now, you will not be disappointed.

Landyman & Kate.
I used to be retired then I found a Vulcan.
My travel blog - http://motorhomemoments.wordpress.com (Now with added Vulcan for even better value)

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
Got mine today, good to see the little red vulcan 707.  I worked on this plane at RAF martlesham heath in 1956.
thanks to ALL concerned with this great book.
Cliff.

Offline gm8jip

• Volunteer Group
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
Got mine this morning as well. I had a brief read and I was amazed about how much information has been given especially on the listed "V" Bombers. Pictures are just incredible and I like the one for the Thunderball Set. One of my friends has got a photograph of the dummy Vulcan in the Bahamas under water. I must have a nice chat to him. Apparently the tyres were filled with concrete so the aircraft would sink.
This is an excellent book packed with brilliant photographs,true life stories and nolstagia. This is going to be a collector's item so order your book now and let's see the old girl take to the skies next year !!
Regards, Graeme.
West Berkshire Regional Representative

Offline Margaret price

• Club Member
  • phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
Got ours too on Saturday.  Geoff's never put it down so I'm not getting a look in!  Will wait till he's read it.  It's supposed to be for Christmas!

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
Drat ...  :evil:

just missed the dead line for pre christmas delivery.... ho hum. Guess I will have something to look foward to in the new year instead.  :roll:  ;)
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline deltic55

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Ordered 2 copies ,the first arrived 13th Dec, 2nd one still has not arrived, contacted Bob and he said that a mistake had been made and a second copy would be sent the following Monday,in actual fact after contacting him again he said it had been posted on the Wednesday, as yet as of today it has not arrived, anyone else had this issue?i have checked at my local sorting office and all the xmas backlog is clear

Here is my update 10/1/13, book still not arrived,contacted Bob again,he said that an error had been made and that he would personally send another copy 1st class Tues 8th Jan, i asked if i ordered 2 more copies could he send them as 1 package,he said yes and he would send them by tracked courier,guess what they have not been posted yet and i am now assured Sat am delivery,we will see! Also i received conformation via e-mail today stating that they have been sent 2nd class 2-3 day delivery. HELP

They have arrived
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:19:37 PM by deltic55 »

Offline djrose007

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
  • Me and my CTX1300
    • View Profile
    • RAF Luqa Remembered
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:41 PM »
I ordered mine on the 16 December, the cut off date on the page for ordering the book was midnight on the 16th but I subsequently saw a different cut off date somewhere else but can't remember was it was now.

Anyway, I haven't yet received my copy but I know they must have been incredibly busy and probably took some time off during the Christmas and New Year holidays, which I don't begrudge them too much  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Update 05 January - Received today, terrific book to be studied and treasured.
Thanks very much on-line shop people.
David J Rose Mem. No. 17334
http://raf-luqa.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://raf-masirah.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stonehouse-dtc.weebly.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (dog obedience training)