Author Topic: Media & Press Coverage  (Read 229946 times)

Offline Gully

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Media & Press Coverage
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
Quote from: "bigmike67"
Quote from: "PA28"
[size=85]

That is indeed one of the many stories to have been told - and why she (XH558) was christened "The Spirit of Great Britain" since it sums up quite nicely, the pure BRITISH BULLDOG SPIRIT of GRIT, DETERMINATION AND DRIVE to succeed against all the odds!

It was written in all the Magazine advertising we did too - and is still being used now!

This posting was a direct reference to the Jersey  Television interview which stated we "had three weeks money left" in my opinion the statement should not have been made...

Generally the Trust is accused of not being open enough! Then when they are, that upsets people too - they really cannot win. At the time they did only have 3 weeks worth of funding remaining. It's since been squeezed a bit further thanks to the Club and a few others contributing. When do you suggest people were told they were almost out of money? Should the Trust have left it to their administrators to tell us?!

Gully
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Vulcan To The Sky Club Secretary

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
[quote="Gully ]

...[/quote]

Generally the Trust is accused of not being open enough! Then when they are, that upsets people too - they really cannot win. At the time they did only have 3 weeks worth of funding remaining. It's since been squeezed a bit further thanks to the Club and a few others contributing. When do you suggest people were told they were almost out of money? Should the Trust have left it to their administrators to tell us?!

Gully[/quote]

It one thing giving information it is another pressing the panic button again and  again.....

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
Back to the purpose of this thread anyway:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
It was written in all the Magazine advertising we did too - and is still being used now!

Not wishing to sound funny, but we're told about numerous very expensive adverts in many mags/papers etc....  in the several years I've been a Vulcan fanatic, I'm yet to see a single advert for the cause.  Being a relatively skint member of the working class, I'm wondering how many people said adverts actually target, and what publications they appear in?  If I'm on the constant lookout for 558 related ads and can't find any, what about those who are unaware of the current dilemma?
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
Back to the purpose of this thread anyway:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

Who writes that " engines booming" ........ :roll:

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
Quote from: "speedy"
Being a relatively skint member of the working class, I'm wondering how many people said adverts actually target, and what publications they appear in?
From the 10th Aug. Newsletter :
""we have mounted full-page advertisements in publications such as:

* Flight International
    * Armed Forces Day Magazines
    * Haymarket Motoring Titles
    * SAGA Magazine
    * Top Gear Magazine
    * Best of British
    * Classic Car Weekly
    * BBC History
""

As some { semi-} joking suggestions were made at the time , maybe adverts / articles would have been better served featuring in the likes of FHM , Loaded , Max Power & Nuts !!  ;)
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
Quote from: "wcg"
Quote from: "speedy"
Being a relatively skint member of the working class, I'm wondering how many people said adverts actually target, and what publications they appear in?
""we have mounted full-page advertisements in publications such as:

* SAGA Magazine

Isnt the Saga magazine aimed  at the over 90s holiday accomodation market ?....... :lol:  :lol:  :?  :lol:  :lol:

Offline johnjosh43

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 08:40:31 PM »
Quote from: "bigmike67"
Quote from: "wcg"
""we have mounted full-page advertisements in publications such as]

Bear in mind that Jack Hayward saved us 2 years ago and then shortly afterwards had died, last winter we were saved by an anonymous bequest. Perhaps Saga is the correct magazine .....

Noe to Forum Police This comment is not meant in bad taste but in a light hearted manner.

Offline scampton61

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.underthefloor.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
Quote from: "johnjosh43"
Bear in mind that Jack Hayward saved us 2 years ago and then shortly afterwards had died, last winter we were saved by an anonymous bequest. Perhaps Saga is the correct magazine .....

Noe to Forum Police This comment is not meant in bad taste but in a light hearted manner.

Sir Jack isn't dead though, so don't know how light hearted he'd find it! And he saved us in 06, so 4 years ago.

Offline johnjosh43

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Quote from: "scampton61"

Sir Jack isn't dead though, so don't know how light hearted he'd find it! And he saved us in 06, so 4 years ago.

Sort of nackers my point. Sorry Sir Jack if you're reading this although I suspect you're not :-). He stepped down as Wolves President shortly afterwards and I thought I read that he'd died. He's only 87 so will undoubtedly outlive XH558s flying career.

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
[  
Sort of nackers my point. Sorry Sir Jack if you're reading this although I suspect you're not :-). He stepped down as Wolves President shortly afterwards and I thought I read that he'd died. He's only 87 so will undoubtedly outlive XH558s flying career.

Oh dear..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This posting is not meant to be rude it is a joke under club rules..i do not which one but one of them.... :?

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
To bring everybody up to date on the Despatches progamme screened on the 20th of this month where two 3/4 second shots of  XH558 were used with the Red Arrows i have e mailed the producers twice without reply so far..i think they are hiding in there castles...as soon as i can get a response i will pass it on.....

Offline johnjosh43

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 11:03:06 AM »
Got a piece into the local Messenger to advertise Oct 15th dinner and mentioned need for dosh as well.

Offline curly

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
The Sunday Times (News Review) October 3rd has a very good review by Jeremy Clarkson, it should get some good response.

Offline bramblespal

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 02:33:47 PM »
Nice piece on the Help for Heroes appearance in the Warwick/Leamington Courier on 1 October with photographs and details of the current appeal - unfortunately no link to the website provided.