Author Topic: Media & Press Coverage  (Read 222492 times)

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Media & Press Coverage
« on: September 27, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
Our press release seems to have been picked up by The Register:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/27 ... _rattling/
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline Rushy

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rushy.net/
Re: Media & Press Coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »
Not exactly positive press bit it's exposure!
--

Whoda thunk it?

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
The Register covers all its stories with a good dose of sarcasm, but in essence it's pretty accurate.  They covered a lot of stuff for us over the last few years.  Hopefully they will continue to do so.
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline wcg

• Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »
Clive..{ South Wales }{ +868 posts on old Forum }
Now an ex-Club Member & no longer contributing to VTST / XH558
UKAR's trollpikken fforwm swyddogol

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
Any coverage is better than nothing, puts it across just how bad funds are. Should be something on Central tv tonight, the guy in front of us was being interviewed just after she had landed so look out for their coverage tonight
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline Heyfordian123

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »
Posted yesterday on another thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=582

Offline Pujgnie

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »
Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way -  see how they shine...

Offline eddief

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
985 posts on last forum - so I get the \'hallowed 1000\' for just 15 on this one (yippee!)

Offline speedy

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshowphotographs.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
Quote from: "Pujgnie"
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8413767.Vulcan_to_take_to_the_skies_for_last_time_this_weekend_/

I see they still think Thursday's flyby was an on the spot decision!  Mr Nobull making the usual comments he always does, however most non trolling people seem to be asking the exact questions that would be expected - why is it that every time she gets back in the air we need another half million, what is it going to be spent on, and why has 'someone' ended up 'letting' us run out of money?

We need some very encouraging answers to be put somewhere, because to be honest people haven't got a huge amount of money, and the last last minute appeal was supposed to be the last one, and probably the one before that.  Sooner or later, the public are just going to think, "well, every time they say they're about to shut up shop, it never happens, so they must be OK really".  The boy who cried wolf, and all that.  The situation must be made as clear as possible to maximise the interest in helping out.
“If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls.” — R. J. Mitchell

Government.  If you think the problems they create are bad, you should see their solutions.

Offline MARKSIX

• Regular User
  • proud club member from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 08:58:04 AM »
Had a mention in Daily mail today --- have a look on the on line version and read comments !!!!

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »
Ive put my comments on another thread!
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
(speedy quote)We need some very encouraging answers to be put somewhere, because to be honest people haven't got a huge amount of money, and the last last minute appeal was supposed to be the last one, and probably the one before that.  Sooner or later, the public are just going to think, "well, every time they say they're about to shut up shop, it never happens, so they must be OK really".  The boy who cried wolf, and all that.  The situation must be made as clear as possible to maximise the interest in helping out.[/quote] speedy

In my opinion for what it's worth the Trust/PR company should have run with the success of of XH558 set against a background of our countries dire financial situation we are living in unusal times and showing the juxtaposition with so many cuts on the horizon XH558 just joins a long list of people putting there hands out we should have highlighted the difference between XH558 and the general situation i beleave they have missed a trick here and line that should have been sold to the media in this financial climate the Vulcan project won through despite of the general financial hardship we shall all see

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
In my opinion for what it's worth the Trust/PR company should have run with the success of of XH558 set against a background of our countries dire financial situation we are living in unusal times and showing the juxtaposition with so many cuts on the horizon XH558 just joins a long list of people putting there hands out we should have highlighted the difference between XH558 and the general situation i believe they have missed a trick here and line that should have been sold to the media in this financial climate the Vulcan project won through despite of the general financial hardship we shall all see

That is indeed one of the many stories to have been told - and why she (XH558) was christened "The Spirit of Great Britain" since it sums up quite nicely, the pure BRITISH BULLDOG SPIRIT of GRIT, DETERMINATION AND DRIVE to succeed against all the odds!

It was written in all the Magazine advertising we did too - and is still being used now!

Offline bigmike67

• Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »
Quote from: "PA28"
[size=85]

That is indeed one of the many stories to have been told - and why she (XH558) was christened "The Spirit of Great Britain" since it sums up quite nicely, the pure BRITISH BULLDOG SPIRIT of GRIT, DETERMINATION AND DRIVE to succeed against all the odds!

It was written in all the Magazine advertising we did too - and is still being used now!

This posting was a direct reference to the Jersey  Television interview which stated we "had three weeks money left" in my opinion the statement should not have been made...