Author Topic: Now this I disagree with.....  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Mac

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Now this I disagree with.....
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
On the last Vulcan raffle I sold quite a few tickets for the cause and after coming back from holiday this week people are informing me that they have personally received(without asking) 2 books of raffle tickets for the next raffle ........

Obviously they didn't think or agree to get bombarded with this sort of thing as they put their e-mail and/or personal addresses on the tickets and are saying that they will be sent back unsold.

I have been supporting/giving to the Vulcan for a while and I think this approach is wrong being that the winners of the last one were only announced only 3 weeks ago......

I think they may have shot themselves in the foot on this one.......

Offline scampton61

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.underthefloor.co.uk
Re: Now this I disagree with.....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
Mac, presumably neither you, or those you sold to read the bit under the email line on the stub, which clearly states (with a very clear box) that the Trust will contact you unless you CROSS the box. They need to build up a database of potential supporters, and are fulfilling legal obligations by providing an opt-out. So yes actually, they did agree to be 'bombarded' (one mailshot is hardly a bombardment though).

Edit: Thanks Mark, just edited to say CROSS in the box.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:53:04 AM by PA28 »

Offline Mac

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »

Well it doesn't say that on this batch of tickets,it says e-mail you with news not contact through the post.......
I am not after any argument here just passing on the thoughts of other people who aren't as passionate as I/we are about her........
I would have thought sending tickets out to the original seller may have been a better idea..........

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:20 AM »
It does say email news on 558, nothing about postings.