Author Topic: Pet Tags  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Nickolas

• Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reedsom.co.uk
Pet Tags
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:46 PM »
I spoke to Ian at Waddo as i was after a pet tag for our dog Stanley.
It was something that he said they might consider as it might prove a good seller with pet owners who have collars on cats and dogs. (Legal requirement for dogs to have a tag containing contact details).
Just wondering if this has gone forwards or not before I buy Stan a new tag for Christmas.
Patron Saint of \'The Winter Festival\', Christmas to you, me and those in the REAL world.

God Helps them that Help Themselves but God Help them that gets Caught Helping Themselves

Chief Constable of the Off Topic Police.....

3083 posts on the last forum............

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Tags
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »
Yes, see post that ended up elsewhere:

Hiya,

Yes, have someone looking at it, but not sure if the cost will be attractive as yet. Most engravers will still charge the full price to have a plate (reverse) engraved.

Might be next season now, (all being well), certainly not in time for Christmas.

Regards,
Ian
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:15:13 PM by PA28 »

Offline m0jec

• Volunteer Group
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Tags
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
Just a quick thought, would it be possible to have a "tag holder" that a standard engraved tag (assuming they are a fixed size?) would slot into, then existing pets tags could be slotted in without the need to have them re-engraved (and maybe supplied with a "blank" tag incase someone needs it) this would mean many more pets could be "vulcanised"....

If sold without the tag they might be cheaper for the trust to buy (especially if the engravers will charge the same amount for the engraving with or without the tag being supplied by them) I know of a few people who would be interested.