Author Topic: XH558 Visit, February 2014 - Pictures  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Chief Tech Peck

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
XH558 Visit, February 2014 - Pictures
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »
I was very privileged recently to visit XH558 at Finningley. I was there with my family to donate my dad's BNS Fault Finding Guide to the trust's collection. Even though the old NBS system is no longer used they were happy to have the book as a historical record and something that might interest visitors. We were made very welcome by John Hufton and Toni Hunter who showed us around XH558 in great detail. Having been brought up in an RAF family around Vulcans and later Buccaneers it certainly brought back some memories.

As you are probably aware there's lots being done to XH558 at the moment so I suppose these make for interesting behind the scene pictures in a way showing her being made ready for this year's flights. As I wasn't allowed in the cockpit John was kind enough to take a shot in there for us. The shots available in a set on my Flickr page here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alistairpeck/sets/72157641504607974/

Offline Biglamp

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: XH558 Visit, February 2014 - Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »
I was very privileged recently to visit XH558 at Finningley. I was there with my family to donate my dad's BNS Fault Finding Guide to the trust's collection. Even though the old NBS system is no longer used they were happy to have the book as a historical record and something that might interest visitors. We were made very welcome by John Hufton and Toni Hunter who showed us around XH558 in great detail. Having been brought up in an RAF family around Vulcans and later Buccaneers it certainly brought back some memories.

As you are probably aware there's lots being done to XH558 at the moment so I suppose these make for interesting behind the scene pictures in a way showing her being made ready for this year's flights. As I wasn't allowed in the cockpit John was kind enough to take a shot in there for us. The shots available in a set on my Flickr page here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alistairpeck/sets/72157641504607974/

lovelly set,thanks for sharing !

Offline jigsaw

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: XH558 Visit, February 2014 - Pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »
Great shots  ;D
Should be there myself next week (Sam, where's my cherry picker)?  ;)