Author Topic: At last!  (Read 3492 times)

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
At last!
« on: May 25, 2015, 03:10:23 PM »
It's only taken me a month and at least a dozen emails to get on here since joining the club.

Why is it so difficult?  And why isn't the actual process you have to go through given to you at the outset?  References to 'username' and 'control panel' are no help when there is nothing to tell you how to create the former or find the latter!

Also some of my emails went unanswered or just elicited a question mark, which isn't helpful.

I've been supporting financially for a while now, but I remember when making my first donation reading that new donors would receive an email response, and I didn't get that either.  Nor a response to a technical question about one externally visual aspect of XH558, that had to wait for a superb tour of XM655 inside and out.

The level of care given to XH558 and the quality of the flying displays, particularly last year, are superb.  With the exception of one person who made several attempts and finally got me registered this process has left me rather disillusioned.

Offline Fonseca

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: At last!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
Hi Paul and welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about your struggle to get here but it is worth it. Now you have made it this far I hope you stay. I cannot say why your enquiries have not been answered properly but hopefully those who look after such things will read your post and take note. The bottom line is it's 558's final year in the air and she needs all the support she can get. We all want to see the aircraft in the air as much as possible. So thanks for your support and I for one hope it continues.

This forum is full of knowledgeable folk - at least when it comes to matters Vulcan ;-). 558's own engineers are here too (655's make appearances as well). If you have questions about 558 or Vulcans in general then please post and I'm sure you will receive a quick reply.

Philip. 
"I've never flown an aircraft yet when I didn't feel a bit short of wing - except the Vulcan".

John Farley.

Online ADI

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »
welcome aboard Paul sorry to here about your long wait, maybe an apology/explanation from the admin is in order  :-\

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:35 PM »
Apologies Paul.  We mods are busy people and all volunteers but not an excuse for the delay.

Hope you enjoy being part of this forum now :-)

Jane
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline bovril

• Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://xm655.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »
Nor a response to a technical question about one externally visual aspect of XH558, that had to wait for a superb tour of XM655 inside and out.

hello paul, welcome to forum.. which tour did you attend at 655:) glad you enjoyed
XM655 - the most powerful vulcan in the world
[Alive and Kicking]

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
Welcome Paul, Enjoy!
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »

hello paul, welcome to forum.. which tour did you attend at 655:) glad you enjoyed

Hi Bovril - we just turned up on a Saturday morning in April last year and Bob was excellent, even teenaged granddaughter was impressed.  It was my birthday yesterday and daughter who is also a fan had got me a 558 engine bolt in a presentation box - very nice  :)