FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: Vulcan Bottle failure  (Read 17375 times)

Offline Rushy

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rushy.net/
Re: Vulcan Bottle failure
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2015, 06:45:44 AM »
Ooof no that space is reserved for the Austin Ambassador ..mine was  a Y reg in beige :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNCAcKybSfE
--

Whoda thunk it?

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
Ooof no that space is reserved for the Austin Ambassador ..mine was  a Y reg in beige :)
Thanks for that, my Dad had an Austin Ambassador VanDen Plas, I think that was a 'Y' Reg!

Offline Rover3500

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »
Thanks for that, my Dad had an Austin Ambassador VanDen Plas, I think that was a 'Y' Reg!

Ooh they  were properly  posh ..2 litre O series power and velour seats! :)

Just a thought ... John Shuttleworth could record a version of  'Pigeons in Flight' for XH558 called 'Avro Vulcan in Flight' to raise awareness and  keep XH558 in the air!. A fun track with a knockabout quality that could be just what's needed to keep Vulcan in the public eye!

Have a listen, join in when you feel comfortable and punch the  air for added emphasis !

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
I don't think even the mighty John Shuttleworth (Sheffield's funniest man, no less) could keep 558 flying.

'Ooof - Ken, what do you reckon? A fundraiser at the Doncaster Dome to raise a few quid for a rebuild?'

'Don't be silly, John. Have you been overdosing on those Werther's Originals again?'
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline Rover3500

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »

I think John Shuttleworth  would say.

....but Ken it's crazy!... we can't have TWO Vulcans on the go that can only taxy due to a load of red tape..It's a nightmare scenario! .

I will do the gig but I want my own private car parking space and an assurance that Doncaster police won't attempt to 'lock down' the whole of West Yorkshire if it might get a bit busy etc.

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

Yes we're way off topic with Werthers Originals & Austin Ambassadors but ...

I can't say it's a car I'm all that bothered with but this one did catch my eye on ebay a few weeks ago simply due to the condition.  The description said 'probably the best in the world' - I'd be surprised if they were incorrect in their assumption. Auction finished at £6,100.00 reserve not met.

Original listing;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREATHTAKING-AUSTIN-PRINCESS-2-2200-HLS-AUTO-TOTALLY-ORIGINAL-JUST-29-000-MILES-/201433038686?hash=item2ee6583f5e&nma=true&si=iYzAHSF%252FRHYwzKFBQCYOQkLH%252FHo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My car ownership from 18 went something like this;
Triumph Stag (3 litre)Mk 1
Jaguar XJ6 4.2 litre S1  :)
Jaguar XJ6L 4.2 litre S2  :)
Vanden Plas Princess (Austin 1300 type)
Rover P6 3.5 litre S1
Austin Allegro 1300 (OK, I know!  ::) It was a family car and we dropped an uprated engine my brother had built into it so it had Porsche acceleration if not looks).
Rover P5B Coupe (3.5 litre)  :)
Jaguar Mk X 3.8 litre (still holds the British record for being the widest production saloon).  ;D
Rover P6 2 litre (another family car)
Triumph Spitfire 1300 Mk IV
Rover SD1 3500  :)
Triumph Stag Mk II  :)
VW Golf 1500 Sports Mk1  >:D

And around that time I started to buy more modern, boring stuff as I needed the reliability & mpg's  :(
Chris

Offline MrTim

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »

....but Ken it's crazy!... we can't have TWO Vulcans on the go that can only taxy due to a load of red tape..It's a nightmare scenario! .

I will do the gig but I want my own private car parking space and an assurance that Doncaster police won't attempt to 'lock down' the whole of West Yorkshire if it might get a bit busy etc.
... plus free and unfettered use of the tea urn.
I'm masking my indifference with a veneer of detachment

Offline Rover3500

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 05:44:57 PM »
Very nice but a bit rich for me at £6100..but  if it was the Wolseley with illuminated badge and quad headlamps! :)

Offline Rover3500

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 05:55:37 PM »

... plus free and unfettered use of the tea urn.

plus  petrol money and it's a done deal.