Author Topic: Final Flight  (Read 24930 times)

Offline arnk

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Final Flight
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
Can recommend the Ramada Andy

thanks Dee
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

Andy (hairrig) - re the An.225 - as you know I'm planning to go next Wednesday from Essex with an overnight stay for the departure next day as I haven't seen in since 1990 so there may be quite a bit of interest from like minded people although it has been to East Midlands and Manchester over the last year or two so it does drop into the UK from time to time. LR weather forecast looks reasonable at present so fingers crossed. (thanks for info re hotel BTW).

Hope the airport doesn't go into lockdown if too many people turn up >:D

so do I - who would pick up the tab if it did? ;)
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Ollie Impus

• Registered
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »
Sorry if I have missed the detail but where's the An 225 coming into next week?

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
Sorry if I have missed the detail but where's the An 225 coming into next week?

Hi Ollie - Doncaster next Wednesday and departing Thursday, last times I saw were arriving about 13.30 and departing 12.00 fro memory

here's a link which might or might not help depending how much you can see on their forum but it was on the top page of the dsaf page: http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23785. The guy who posted it on CA has updated once or twice so pretty accurate
confacimus volatemum

Offline The gobfather

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
Go there at your peril, the security will take a picture of your car and fine you and you have no way out, they will accuse you of parking, even though you are still inside your vehicle searching for directions, usually with the aid of the map that is available on the website, you have no way out when they do this, so do not go there, unless you want a reaming by the security holes.

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
Do not go to Donny!!! O:-) O:-) ::)
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »
Go there at your peril, the security will take a picture of your car and fine you and you have no way out, they will accuse you of parking, even though you are still inside your vehicle searching for directions, usually with the aid of the map that is available on the website, you have no way out when they do this, so do not go there, unless you want a reaming by the security holes.

are you being serious or is this just a rather alarmist way of introducing yourself with a first post?
Ihave heard that parking on the roads is not permitted (they all appear to be double yellowed by looking at google streetmap, but hte OBR mound has been used for years with no such reports so I am somewhat surprised by your comments/warnings whichever is the more appropriate term.

andy
confacimus volatemum

Offline Lincoln

• Regular User
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »

are you being serious or is this just a rather alarmist way of introducing yourself with a first post?
Ihave heard that parking on the roads is not permitted (they all appear to be double yellowed by looking at google streetmap, but hte OBR mound has been used for years with no such reports so I am somewhat surprised by your comments/warnings whichever is the more appropriate term.

andy

I can only assume he means the actual airport car park??
As I'm that one saddo who sits there in the dark in the middle of January for one Wizzair; I've never had any problems along either ends of OBR or indeed the road under the 02 end and I was doing that long before the Vulcan arrived lol  ;D.
My google page, Airfields of Lincolnshire photo albums.
https://plus.google.com/photos/117592648820664297663/albums

Offline hairrig

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2015, 01:55:09 PM »

andy

I can only assume he means the actual airport car park??
As I'm that one saddo who sits there in the dark in the middle of January for one Wizzair; I've never had any problems along either ends of OBR or indeed the road under the 02 end and I was doing that long before the Vulcan arrived lol  ;D.

No it appears to be all the roads on the terminal side. They are private roads and a mobile 'road safety' van patrols them and photographs anyone that stops. A similar scheme to many parking cowboy firms such as parking eye.

There  are reports of £100 fines for just stopping to read a map!

There are signs all over the place but you would have to stop to read the small print and risk getting fined!!

Welcome to Doncaster!

Offline Lincoln

• Regular User
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
That's where I mean, over that side of the airfield.
My google page, Airfields of Lincolnshire photo albums.
https://plus.google.com/photos/117592648820664297663/albums