Author Topic: The new 'Vulcan'  (Read 19143 times)

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: The new 'Vulcan'
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
just seen in flypast that XM573 is going to be restored at the AIR & SPACE MUSEUM IN NABRASKA.
any volunteers.

Cosmetic only, I'd wager.

Offline Rushy

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rushy.net/
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
After all those years outside I'd guess XM573 has not fared too well in Nebraska conditions.
--

Whoda thunk it?

Rick Steer

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
I read on Facebook that Midair Squadron has sadly gone into receivership.

Given the age of the jets matches that of our lovely Vulcan, and that there is already a project underway to bring a Mosquito to the UK skies at Biggin Hill, perhaps the club could focus on saving the Canberra & Hunters from Midair instead?

Offline DLee

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
I read on Facebook that Midair Squadron has sadly gone into receivership

Not good, but fingers crossed a buyer can be found who will keep them in the UK and in flying condition.  I understand the Canberra had a major refurb a couple of years ago and still has an airworthiness cert, so maybe a good opportunity for VTTS?

Offline scampton61

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.underthefloor.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
The Canberra should certainly tick boxes with the VTS, it's not in the complex category so hopefully the engineering team wouldn't need the support of external agencies in the same way they had to accept with 558, it's a Cold War jet (with two spare engines), doesn't need restoring and looks/sounds good on the show circuit, what's not to like? DLee, afraid her permit to fly expired this year, there may be some work to get that renewed depending on whether all the anti-dets have continued to schedule since Midair stopped flying her.

Offline CLIFFORD

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
in the latest volume of JETS  Jan/Feb.  there is a full page article called.   WLL XH558 FLY AGAIN?.
it is about letting THE HISTOCIC AIRCRAFT ASS (HAA)  run the documents instead of or with the CAA.
it is a long article. the HAA are saying they have submitted the program to the CAA and are waiting a reply.
lets hope they don't have too long to wait ?