Author Topic: Future Airshow Restrictions  (Read 18188 times)

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Future Airshow Restrictions
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »
You're right about the landslip to give concern, they may have to move the memorial.

The incident at Shoreham has caused such a kneejerk reaction from the CAA that will cause dire consequences to most shows this year. The fact that the Newsletter tries to summon up more support for the future "This transition is so important that we have put together a package of rewards that represents the significant contribution to the future – to cherishing XH558 now and for future generations and to keeping the best all-British jets flying in the UK – that is made by those who contribute could now reduce the possibilities.
I said "no more passwords" and look what happened!

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »
By accident I mean that not for a moment would the pilot, even in error, intend to cause the crash. I had an accident in my car when a driver coming towards me in the middle of the road hit my car. She didn't intend to hit my car but we had an accident all the same. It was a very tragic accident which has affected many people.

Andy it sounds like a plan!!!  ;D
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline Wizzy

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »
B*gger.  Last year's display was a good one, and had promise for the coming years.

Cancellation of the Great Yorkshire Airfest 2016

It is with regret that the organisers of the Great Yorkshire AirFest 2016 are announcing the cancellation of this year’s event. The show, which was due to take place on 2-3 July 2016, has been cancelled following a particularly challenging year for the air show community.
http://www.yorkshireairfest.co.uk/index.php
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe
  Albert Einstein

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
Another victim of the CAA rules & regulations, though it sounds like it was due to the lack of urgency from them to approve the display and not the organisers fault.

http://throckmortonairshow.co.uk/2016/06/08/throckmorton-air-show-cancelled/

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 09:32:23 PM »
http://throckmortonairshow.co.uk/2016/06/08/throckmorton-air-show-cancelled/

I knew a chap who was to help out there and he, and his family are very upset. CAA are not making any friends from all this.

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 02:23:36 PM »
Little Gransden are asking people to buy tickets early, presumably in the hope that they will get enough to cover their costs, rather than waiting for at the gate purchases and finding there is a shortfall.  I suspect many wouldn't normally buy early this year, with no Vulcan, and has the Lancaster displayed yet?  I'm hoping LG's appeal isn't a cynical ploy to get people to pay up then discover the display box has been moved a mile away.  That's basically what happened with XH558 at Gaydon in October last year, nothing like the Cold War Tour the previous year.

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 10:10:56 PM »
Throckmorton cancelled due to increased charges from CAA, insurance and others

Offline Wizzy

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
With new CAA safety regulations introduced after the 2015 Shoreham disaster and the recent spate of military flying display team crashes in the past week, the flying display this year at Farnborough could look different than in previous years. Insiders now confirm that the Red Arrows traditional aerobatic display at Farnborough has been dropped due to safety fears from RAF top brass...
http://aerosociety.com/News/Insight-Blog/4451/Farnborough-Air-Show-2016-Preview
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe
  Albert Einstein

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »
Well with that and the recent descriptions of shows, the CAA may well have changed my life.

Offline Hedge

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
I wish I'd known this before buying my enthusiasts Friday ticket. It seems as if anything other than a wings level flypast will be deemed too daring and banned accordingly.

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
Even Wellesbourne fast-taxi had restrictions with the crowd being further back than normal.

Offline Funtera

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Mach Loop
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »
Even Wellesbourne fast-taxi had restrictions with the crowd being further back than normal.

How much further back ? last time I was there you were already a good distance from the active runway

@funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
Proud Owner of Haynes Manual H4831 Vulcan B2 Signed by Martin Withers
HATO

Offline Howwwwl

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
By the same token I would then assume that Bruntingthorpe is also likely to be similarly affected. That would be a great shame. Also concur on the Gaydon comment above. A very expensive birthday present for me from my beloved and the end result of being best part of a mile away and looking directly into the sun was the worst bit of vulcan photography I've ever done in my whole life, perhaps I should have just put the camera down and photographed it in my mind. Good old CAA!

Offline Funtera

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
    • Mach Loop
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
By the same token I would then assume that Bruntingthorpe is also likely to be similarly affected. That would be a great shame. Also concur on the Gaydon comment above. A very expensive birthday present for me from my beloved and the end result of being best part of a mile away and looking directly into the sun was the worst bit of vulcan photography I've ever done in my whole life, perhaps I should have just put the camera down and photographed it in my mind. Good old CAA!

at least you got to see her ! count that as a plus

Don't know about Brunty as they aren't Flying :-)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:37:20 PM by Funtera77 »

@funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
Proud Owner of Haynes Manual H4831 Vulcan B2 Signed by Martin Withers
HATO

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »
That's basically what happened with XH558 at Gaydon in October last year, nothing like the Cold War Tour the previous year.

Certainly Gaydon was testing for photographic purposes.