Author Topic: They just can't let go!  (Read 8985 times)

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
They just can't let go!
« on: May 01, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
I see that even though 558 is no longer flying our biggest fans over on the UK airshow forum can not stop talking about us!

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67440&start=2900

Seems that our good friend Mr. O'Hagan has crawled out from under the rock that he had hidden under to spout some more of particular version of hate and spite (mostly directed at Dr. Plemming)  maybe he should go back to football commentating, which he also thinks he is far more knowledgeable about.  His airshow commentary was good - I particularly liked his constant reference to dogs in cars.

Looking forward to the whole forum going into melt down in the near future.

I do wonder what sort of "Aviation Enthusiasts" they really are...
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: They just can't let go!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »
Oh I SO want to get in there but I won't. Its not worth it. They are AMAZING!!! ::) ::) :(
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:27 AM »
I see that even though 558 is no longer flying our biggest fans over on the UK airshow forum can not stop talking about us!

To be honest I don't really know why you posted that link here.  Many of the posters are obviously not  going to change their opinions regarding 558, so just leave them to it and ignore them.

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »
Phewwww!! Just followed the link that Sam posted...
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
It was lovely and quiet over there for a while.
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »
I am not going to look.
I said "no more passwords" and look what happened!

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:51:24 PM »

To be honest I don't really know why you posted that link here.  Many of the posters are obviously not  going to change their opinions regarding 558, so just leave them to it and ignore them.

No I don't know why I bothered either.

I've just been back and looked again and since Thursday another four pages of spite have been posted.

Congratulations and thank you to anyone who has been posting on there in our defence for the last eight years (especially if you've posted a reply for me - you know who you are)

Anyway I have decided to follow the advice of "Reds Rolling" "You know there's an 'unsubscribe' button you can click on don't you?

Bingo! No more newsletters!  :whistle:"

I have removed the link to that website from my desktop and Google Chrome (where it was top of the list, which I guess shows how often I went on there)  I feel much better this week already.

Tomorrow I get to stand under a running Vulcan again.

I think they can just get on with moaning to each other about how bad we are at what we do, while we just get on with doing it.

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 06:38:49 AM »
It is strange how much people moan about something that is not their interest, yet others have virtually given everything up for. I suppose, in a nutshell, that means, their own interest is moaning about others who do, when they clearly don't.

Similar to the "mushrooming" of old, many on there berate those who do it, but clearly, from their own comments, they do as well.

I said "no more passwords" and look what happened!

Offline Tutorboy

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »
Just like the good old days!  But without any rubbish about the crew!  Forget them, let's think Mosquito!

Bill R

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 03:16:16 PM »
I bet Sam goes back to it at some point, old habits are hard to ignore! As for the Mossie, I just can't get my head over that nose job they are going to do the poor lass!  :D

Offline Tutorboy

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
Don't be alarmed, it's not coming back as an NF variant!  The reserved civil reg is G-FBVI which should give you a clue.  By clever use of fibreglass or composite type material a range of representative noses should be possible which I think would be very cool.

Bill

Offline eddief

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »
I couldn't resist taking a peek - so much negativity & mistrust...  Maybe, I'll pop back there next year to read another page of it?  Ho hum.

Mind you, Dan should take a bow because it was folk just like him who inspired me to step forward and support XH558 in her darkest hour (and subsequently):  It is easy to complain but far harder to solve problems & deliver solutions.  My loyalty remains with those who solved & delivered - good on us all.  :)

Meanwhile, I'm very much looking forward to our next project(s) - whatever they may be.

985 posts on last forum - so I get the \'hallowed 1000\' for just 15 on this one (yippee!)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:05 AM »
You Guys  :)

They are just incredible on there aren't they! I've tried and so far succeeded in not posting on there but I really have to sit on my hands not to do so. Good on those who fight the good fight on there for us but I fear there are those on there who are as deaf as posts and blind as bats. And they have cotton wool for brains!!! :))
Ex Club Co-Chair

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
You Guys  :)

They are just incredible on there aren't they! I've tried and so far succeeded in not posting on there but I really have to sit on my hands not to do so. Good on those who fight the good fight on there for us but I fear there are those on there who are as deaf as posts and blind as bats. And they have cotton wool for brains!!! :))
The trouble is they hope to have someone, a club/trust/volunteer member, respond as to them the post has achieved it's aim which is to wind us lot up and bite back...I've actually deleted half typed responses after thinking better of it (admittedly this was after a visit to the Virtual Pub!)

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »
The thing is though that there are both trustees and members of the aircrew who have posted on the thread and the morons (with cotton wool for brains) choose to ignore them.

Thank you Eddie for all of your generous support over the last eight years (and thank you Dano for inspiring him)

Can't wait for the next big thing to be announced so they can all go into melt down again...

;D ;D ;D