Author Topic: They just can't let go!  (Read 10692 times)

Offline Tutorboy

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: They just can't let go!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:51 PM »
Just to echo Sam's words, my thanks too Eddie for all his support - I guess I enjoyed it as much as anyone!.  For anyone who wonders about TPM, as I've said before, they have won my trust because of their hard, professional work and utter enthusiasm.  I wouldn't be there otherwise.  If you bump into folks who are unsure, just send them to the website, it's all there if they look.

Cheers

Bill

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
O.k.

I gave in and looked.

Lol they are all in melt down for the wrong thing.

Just wait - they will really go into a spin soon  ;D ;D
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
Te he..... ;D

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
Lol they are all in melt down for the wrong thing.

Just wait - they will really go into a spin soon 

Still resisting...... but will it put them into a spin, or cause them to put their spin on it?
I said "no more passwords" and look what happened!

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »
I don't really care....

They have been pissing me off for the last six years with all their negativity.  There have been many occasions when I've wondered why I'm bothering with this when a group of "aviation enthusiasts" so obviously hate what it is I'm doing (or maybe they just hate the fact that I make a living out of it)  I know a lot of the rest of the team feel the same way too.

I see one of the anti brigade has been on there already today.  They obviously know that there is a press launch today and are getting wound up good and early.

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 09:26:54 AM »
Most bitterness comes from not having thought of something first, and there is no doubt that the Vulcan project succeeded against all the naysayers' predictions; phenomenally.

It always amazes me that some people put so much effort into "putting something down", when with possibly their own undeclared skills and knowledge, they could have enhanced a project.

Offline steve w

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
And let the fun commence.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fonseca

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »
I don't really care....

They have been pissing me off for the last six years with all their negativity.  There have been many occasions when I've wondered why I'm bothering with this when a group of "aviation enthusiasts" so obviously hate what it is I'm doing (or maybe they just hate the fact that I make a living out of it)  I know a lot of the rest of the team feel the same way too.

One would hope exciting news of a project to restore a significant classic jet to flight would be welcome amongst those who purport to be proper aviation enthusiasts. That it produces the same tired old bile and vitriol tells us all we need to know about these sad and pathetic keyboard warriors. VTTST actively doing real aviation work helped funded by those who wish to fund it (shock!)- versus those who are incapable and unwilling to reach and aspire to anything beyond a keyboard… They don’t love us. We shouldn’t care. Same as it’s always been. I'll continue putting my money behind a project and a team who actually believe in achieving things. My money, my choice so the forum failures can go “click” themselves. VTTST? Crack on boys…
"I've never flown an aircraft yet when I didn't feel a bit short of wing - except the Vulcan".

John Farley.

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »
Thank you Phill

When will you be around to renew your acquaintance with the locking wire pliers?

I think you will like my latest investment.

We miss you around here  ;D

Online eddief

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 01:11:07 AM »
I like that response - "go click yourself".  Kinda says it all I think..?

(Although secretly, I'd prefer it if they all woke up and realised that like us all, none of them have more than a few decades to rent on this planet and that maybe, just maybe their time would be better spent taking a chance on a bunch of conmen & gangsters like we apparently are).  They'd be SO much happier...
985 posts on last forum - so I get the \'hallowed 1000\' for just 15 on this one (yippee!)

Offline planenut

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
.....none of them have more than a few decades to rent on this planet and that maybe, just maybe their time would be better spent taking a chance on a bunch of conmen & gangsters like we apparently are).  They'd be SO much happier...

They're like wasps really, only put on the earth to annoy.....that's it.