Author Topic: NEWS LETTER  (Read 17970 times)

Offline MARKSIX

• Regular User
  • proud club member from the beginning
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS LETTER
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »
Sorry ascot you misunderstand - and sorry if I offended. I was mearly saying  :) that those who have put their hearts and souls into the project shouldn't have so much hatred directed at them . Plans don't always go how we want them to go and that isn't always the fault of those people . Lets just all try to get along a bit more and channel our efforts into more support for the project . I am naturally a half glass person and just feel we need to pull together a bit more . http://vulcantothesky.org/smf/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Offline ascot5046

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
MARKSIX,
No you haven't offended, though hatred is a big word.  I would say more concern, mistrust and frustration in this forum.  Your a half glass person? - half full I'm sure!

Offline MARKSIX

• Regular User
  • proud club member from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 07:29:23 AM »
Happy to have received my Founding Guardian invitation today . Despite worries , I'm still behind this all the way and although things are not happening as quickly as we would like as money is always an issue -- the future plans are  exciting . Lets see of we can move the donate page up a bit .....:)

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »
The last news letter I received was Friday the 13th January.

Nothing heard since then...
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »
The last news letter I received was Friday the 13th January.

Nothing heard since then...

Maybe they didn't want to rub salt ...

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »
I had missed one - the last e-mail they actually sent was on the 18th (the day after they told me I was not required after the 17th of February)

You are probably right.

Bit of a shame really as it was the only we ever found out what was going on in the trust.  If you think the supporters are poorly informed....

Offline Sarah Favell

• Global Moderator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
Sam...........I've learnt things this week that I never knew too. X

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 03:34:02 PM »

Bit of a shame really as it was the only we ever found out what was going on in the trust.  If you think the supporters are poorly informed....

Nothings changed over the years then Sam!

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
Did the news letter seriously include what looks like a child's drawing of the proposed new hangar?

UKARSE having a field day with our lack of professionalism.  http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67440&start=4925

What happened to the artist impression that was hanging around hangar 3 the week before last?

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 09:55:25 PM »
Sure did, had some lovely colouring in, kept inside the lines and everything https://mxm.mxmfb.com/rsps/m/cUoe_YhDivlI1yveTsVBjQp2GRsiwHUoG12YREwn-I0

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »
Did the news letter seriously include what looks like a child's drawing of the proposed new hangar?

UKARSE having a field day with our lack of professionalism.  http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67440&start=4925

What happened to the artist impression that was hanging around hangar 3 the week before last?

I could hardly believe my eyes! From a a supposedly "Professional" organisation , it was diabolically childish.
Who produced such an abomination.
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
That was my first thought too but according to a few (supposedly in the know) on UKAR they say it is the norm, it shows the project is in the early stages. As the project progresses the drawings improve showing progress.

Offline leslie

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
Would of thought we would be past early stages by now, considering they only have hangar 1 until April, with the hope of extending the stay, we could be years away from a building.

Offline Fonseca

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2017, 01:49:48 PM »
Sure did, had some lovely colouring in, kept inside the lines and everything

My copy has a special place on the fridge so everyone can see how good it is...  :D
"I've never flown an aircraft yet when I didn't feel a bit short of wing - except the Vulcan".

John Farley.

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
This seems a bit strange.

There was an set of what looked like professional drawings (the sort of things councils show when they want to impress you with the wonderful new shopping centre they are going have built) they still exist about half way down the page here:- http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/858/82/Why-is-Doncaster-right-for-XH558.html

I am sure when that first appeared you could click on the image and look at the drawings.  There was an overview which showed a lot of the stuff that is in the childs sketch.  When you click on the image now it takes you to the "just giving page"...

The drawings were also in the hangar when we moved the stuff - I wish I had kept them now as they have obviously been lost in the move!

If you have had a set of drawings done once why would you need to get them done again?