Author Topic: So that's it then?  (Read 42999 times)

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
I would pay money to assist in this outcome as would many others who have withdrawn financial support since the final flight debacle !

Mike

Ditto what Mike says................

I for one would put in as much time, effort and money as I could and I'm sure loads of other followers of 558 would if there was a chance of getting her out of the cesspit the Trust have dumped her in.

I am past it with listening to anything the Trust have to say, they just write anything they want in the newsletters and expect us to believe it (sadly some people do and cough up yet more cash for the bottomless pit).

The current situation is appalling with 558 and the Canberra dumped outside whilst the Trust are still taking a wage - why are they still on the payroll??
655, 426, the People's Mosquito, the Skymaster - all run by volunteers not taking a penny for themselves!! All monies go to the aircraft and not to line someone's pocket!!

Someone should be made accountable for where all the money has gone and why she's parked outside hidden away and getting soaked.

So, as Mike says, could there be any chance of getting her out of there to somewhere that the 'People' would be allowed to see and support her again??

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
I would pay money to assist in this outcome as would many others who have withdrawn financial support since the final flight debacle !

Mike

Ditto what Mike says................

I for one would put in as much time, effort and money as I could and I'm sure loads of other followers of 558 would if there was a chance of getting her out of the cesspit the Trust have dumped her in.

I am past it with listening to anything the Trust have to say, they just write anything they want in the newsletters and expect us to believe it (sadly some people do and cough up yet more cash for the bottomless pit).

The current situation is appalling with 558 and the Canberra dumped outside whilst the Trust are still taking a wage - why are they still on the payroll??
655, 426, the People's Mosquito, the Skymaster - all run by volunteers not taking a penny for themselves!! All monies go to the aircraft and not to line someone's pocket!!

Someone should be made accountable for where all the money has gone and why she's parked outside hidden away and getting soaked.

So, as Mike says, could there be any chance of getting her out of there to somewhere that the 'People' would be allowed to see and support her again??

Nope.
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
is that NOPE to getting her out by air or NOPE to getting her out at all? I agree that a flight is impossible but if the Trust saw a sensible plan and funds to move her by road even if it meant never ground running again surely that is worthwhile.

If the club funds have not been passed to the trust (and I hope not because I don't see them being used sensibly in the current situation) then could these be designated for a 'by road' move? Yes a destination needs to be identified, ideally with other aircraft but I don't see that as insurmountable. The only thing that might stop it is peoples' pride.

As I said somewhere on here I believe Doncaster was the right solution during the flying era but an alternative was needed one flying ceased due to the need to slot in with airport operations, running a non-airworthy aircraft on a commercial runway was never going to be feasable to any extent.

we can't turn back the clock but IF those remaining funds could be used (or put towards) roading out to a museum then I'm sure that plan would gain more support as needed to make it happen and effectively meet the HLF promise of preserving it in an existing national museum where it could be easily visitable on a regular basis rather than on it's own visited only by those with deep pockets and on occasional days only.
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »
Both.
Hold a chicken in the air stick a deck chair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes..........\":D\"

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
Both.
Very informative Gregg,thank you for your in depth appraisal of the current situation  ::)

Old Fa%t
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »
Both.
Very informative Gregg,thank you for your in depth appraisal of the current situation  ::)

Old Fa%t

I'll expand on it when I've got more time. Some of us work, unlike you retired dwarves that spend their days getting older and rounder.  :-*

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
 :D Yes keep on working Gregg so that I can carry on receiving my pension that you (in a small way) contribute to  :))

Lumpy Dwarf

1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Gregg

• Volunteer Group
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
Enjoy it while you can, at your age you ain't got long left.  ;D

Offline PhillyJ

• Club Member
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »
Enjoy it while you can, at your age you ain't got long left.  ;D
oh how I've missed the banter from the old days of the forum!  8)

Offline brains_mt

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:39 PM »
You guys!!! ::) ;) :)
Ex Club Co-Chair
Worked flat out to give XH558 as long a life as possible! Hoping for a positive future.
3601 posts on previous Forum

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
A few questions.

1.Why was the Club Committee excluded from the final flight ?
2.Who is currently employed or receiving remuneration of any sort from Trust funds ?
3.How much is the current wage bill including expenses and retainer fees etc ?
4.How cost effective are the current batch of Air Show attendances by the Trust Trailer after deducting costs ?
5.What are the current cash reserves of the Trust ?

Regards

Mike

Very valid questions Mike - I wonder if they'll get answered today? Or ever?

Waiting with baited breath............................. ::)

Offline ascot5046

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
You'll be waiting a long time, probably until hell freezes over. "The Ministry of Broken Promises and PR Bullsh1t" are, as ever, unlikely to be open and honest given the dire result of their over inflated ambitions.

Offline PA28

• Administrator
  • Serious User
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
Contrary to what some might think, I'm a mere contractor doing 50% less than the old days and still volunteering many hours a week... so I'm not in a position to answer for the Trust. 

I will pass on the thought of the thread though.

Ian

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
I will pass on the thought of the thread though.

Ian

Can you ask them for some answers to Mikes questions - pretty please???

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
It begs the question as to why the Trust retained the stamps ...

Why wouldn't they?  It only contains a number, and that number could easily be assigned to a new member - if one were ever employed, the surname is written under the stamp at all times so it should be clear who the stamp refers to.  Doesn't seem much point in scrapping the stamp then needing to have a new one made.  Remember these procedures were laid down years ago, they are not just since the end of flight.  And as I was told when I was there after the final flight they were continuing with all the processes and procedures, which themselves date from RAF days, for the same reason that men have nipples - "Just in case".