FAQ / Contact

Author Topic: How would you feel?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: How would you feel?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
I haven't checked in on this forum for a while and I'm quite dismayed to learn that XH558 is apparently left out in the elements?
Yes the VULCAN cash-cow milkers on the Trust should hang their heads in shame but they are all probably hard-nosed businessmen who are incapable of feeling that particular emotion.

I don't know about America, I think any stable country would do as long as the rules on flying such an aircraft aren't as draconian as the UK's and XH558 would be properly stored, properly maintained and crewed by appropriately experienced aviators. Let's face it, most of us are never going to travel abroad to see her fly but it opens up the 'VULCAN In Flight' experience to a whole new audience.

I imagine there must be contractual clauses in place to prevent this aircraft being sold by the Trust outside the UK due to the amount of public monies invested so it would, basically, need the Trust to fold. Any unpaid debtors would theoretically have a chance to take possession of the plane when this occurs.

I'm assuming the Trust has given up on milking a scrap Canberra as well as XH558?

Is there anyone with a high media profile / press contacts who still posts on here? I'm guessing the press might take an interest if approached? What about Martin Withers?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:46:09 PM by Vulcanatic »
Chris

Offline dee

• Global Moderator
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 05:11:04 PM »
Well said Chris!!!!
That huge triangle against the sky like some monstrous angel trailing dark clouds of glory

Offline jakspeed

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »
Well said Chris!!!!

Wot she said!!!!!

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
I was just curious to see how many snouts are still in the VULCAN trough.

The Vulcan Trust now has only 8 Trustees;
http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regid=1101948&subid=0
https://companycheck.co.uk/company/04478686/VULCAN-TO-THE-SKY-TRUST/companies-house-data

The Trust's 2016-2017 financials should be published within the next few months which might make for interesting reading as it will show how much money has come in vs. the small amount we know is going out on actually looking after XH558.

Dr Pleming has live Directorships in the following;
* Vulcan to the Sky Trust
* Vulcan to the Sky Enterprises Ltd
* The Vulcan Operating Company Ltd
* The Vulcan Marketing Company Ltd
* The Vulcan Property Management Company Ltd
(And others seemingly not directly related).

Perhaps most of these companies are mainly dormant but I do wonder if the Trust is still making payments to them which are being picked up as 2nd, 3rd, 4th salaries?

I'd suspect just one big snout now in the VULCAN trough as well as a few piglets taking the occasional gulp.
Chris

Online Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »
I don't think the Trust has ever had many more than 8 Trustees at one time have they?

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
I don't think the Trust has ever had many more than 8 Trustees at one time have they?
Perhaps not? I just glanced at 3 pages worth of Directors / former Directors and thought they must have needed a big board-room table at some point.
Chris

Offline ascot5046

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »
BBC Midlands Today are always asking for viewers to write in with stories they feel may be of general public interest.  I did email the Mail but didn't get a bite.

Any one of us could do this, but maybe an Open Letter criticising the trust for failing to uphold their duty to provide a museum after her flying life is over for the public to have access.  Maybe Club ex Co-Chairs would be willing to stand in front of the cameras??

I'm about to cancel the Flying Fund Draw entry in favour of a more deserving charity which ends all my financial contributions to XH558, apart from Founding Guardian, which may as well follow suit.

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:17 AM »
BBC Midlands Today are always asking for viewers to write in with stories they feel may be of general public interest.  I did email the Mail but didn't get a bite.

Any one of us could do this, but maybe an Open Letter criticising the trust for failing to uphold their duty to provide a museum after her flying life is over for the public to have access.  Maybe Club ex Co-Chairs would be willing to stand in front of the cameras??

I'm about to cancel the Flying Fund Draw entry in favour of a more deserving charity which ends all my financial contributions to XH558, apart from Founding Guardian, which may as well follow suit.

Yes, it definitely needs to be someone who knows what they are talking about, is not publicity shy and who has a recognisable profile with XH558' history. There are bound to be opportunities, newspapers & TV channels have 'quiet news days' and keep stories which are not pressing in reserve for such times.
Chris

Offline Sad Sam

• Vulcan Engineer
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »
Time to talk to America I think...
I'll never give up on the dream!

Offline ascot5046

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
Seems to me that Sam would be a welcome addition to a group willing to engage the media about the state of things, unless he's had to sign the VTST version of the Official Secrets Act.

I don't think it's unreasonable to bring to public attention where things stand at this time, given the millions of squids they/we have given/raised.  The stated aim of the trust, post flying, is to preserve the aircraft for the people in a museum. Despite all the PR bluster, WHAT MUSEUM??????

Offline sickbag_andy

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superguppy.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 09:36:02 AM »
Despite all the PR bluster, WHAT MUSEUM??????

Well the museum could currently be called BITS. Bomber In The..... well you can guess the rest :D
confacimus volatemum

the proud owner of the only Martin Withers signed sickbag of 558 flight vintage IN THE WORLD!

Offline Vulcanatic

• Regular User
  • Vulcan Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
Seems to me that Sam would be a welcome addition to a group willing to engage the media about the state of things, unless he's had to sign the VTST version of the Official Secrets Act.

I don't think it's unreasonable to bring to public attention where things stand at this time, given the millions of squids they/we have given/raised.  The stated aim of the trust, post flying, is to preserve the aircraft for the people in a museum. Despite all the PR bluster, WHAT MUSEUM??????
The last thing I remember reading, it was going to be the centrepiece in a sort of Engineering College?
Chris

Offline StAthan lecky

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »

The last thing I remember reading, it was going to be the centrepiece in a sort of Engineering College?
I think that that is now a pipe dream unless of course the engineering that will be studied is sewage and water treatment  :D

Mike
1000+ Posts and not a Newbie

Freddie Mercury and Queen Will Live Forever

Another "Kind Of Magic"

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:27 PM »
Well the quiet Monday came and went.

Still no replies from the grown ups.

Guess they have reverted to type and are now just ignoring us and hope that we will all get bored and go away....
Pretty much my thoughts Sam !what a rubbish line of communication the Trust have adopted,still so long as people continue to be sucked in to donating and spending money with them they will just continue on and ignore our questions and comments,I wouldn't be surprised if they shut the Forum down to finaly silence us !!

>:(

Mike

Mike

I seem to remember when they set up the trust, that Mr Edmondson dictated that no member of the Trust employees was to post on any forum including this one, but both Sam and I did ????????
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper

Offline Zero One

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
Now that Ian the Administrator has left i can imagine they will shut the forum..
Back up plan needed soon me thinks!??

When did that happen? Why? Anyone know?
Buccaneer XX900 Crew Chief and Brunty Bears keeper