Author Topic: Wellesbourne and XM655  (Read 767 times)

Offline PaulH2015

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Wellesbourne and XM655
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
VTTS Newsletter 29th July:

On Monday this week Judge Richard Hayden Williams has ruled in favour of the airfield owners over the dispute associated with ending of current tenancies. In an effort to secure their futures at the site, businesses had applied to extend their leases at the airfield, but Monday’s ruling stated that new leases will not be issued

Vulcan XM655 is maintained by the 655 Maintenance and Preservation Group. The Airfield owns XM655. 655 MaPS are only custodians and thus are reluctant to comment given the current situation.

The landlord, Littler Investments, have stated that they wish to work with the current tenants to enable them to relocate before the three month deadline of 15th October this year.

What chance relocating XM655, I wonder!

Reports elsewhere of a court case planned for 1st May 2018, but nothing else I have found on an outcome.

Offline Mayfly

• Club Member
  • Expert User
    • View Profile
Re: Wellesbourne and XM655
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
Not feasible to relocate, it could be done but would cost an arm and leg and she would never be the same.  I have heard that the owners have stated before they would set aside an area where she could go but she wouldn't ever run again feel let alone move under her own power.

This is the latest ..
http://www.stratford-herald.com/88321-breaking-news-council-begins-compulsory-proceedings-wellesbourne-airfield.html

Offline ADI

• Club Member
  • Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Wellesbourne and XM655
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:16:06 PM »
Bruntingthorpe ^-^